Partners & Supporters
The Recreation Council of Greater Kansas City (RCGKC) works hand-in-hand, in three key ways with all components blending together. Community Events connect people with disabilities, providers, and social networks together in a personal and fun way, while the RCGKC website, newsletter, and social media connects people to resources throughout Kansas City.
KC Parks provides inclusive recreation opportunities to welcome, accommodate and successfully include individuals with disabilities within the existing Parks and Recreation Department programs. The objectives are to:
- Develop a community guiding coalition to support the development, implementation, evaluation and sustainability of this program.
- Build the capacity of existing and new CityKC Parks staff to provide recreation services and support to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities.
- Provide opportunities for individuals with disabilities to “try out” and experience a range of recreation opportunities.
- Increase the number of individuals with disabilities and their families accessing the recreation activities currently being provided by KC Parks.
- Make the KC Parks facilities and programs accessible to people individuals with disabilities.
- Provide individualized accommodation and supports to individuals with disabilities participating in KC Parks programs.
Inclusive Coordinator: Sheronda Stonum
When people are engaged in activities they are more likely to be involved in their communities. Check out our Ability Camps.
Take a look.
You’ll always know what adaptive sports events are happening in the KC Metro Area via our event calendar.
Find out more.